three green bullets

Barcarena

15
Barcarena
Location image

In Barcarena, the bauxite from Paragominas and Trombetas is refined into alumina at our 91 percent-owned refinery, Alumina do Norte do Brasil S.A. (Hydro Alunorte).

Alunorte is the world's largest alumina refinery and has nearly 1,600 permanent employees and about 800 long-term contractors. Production at Alunorte started in 1995 and after three expansions now has a total capacity of over six million metric tons. A substantial portion of the alumina is shipped to aluminium smelters in other parts of the world, to support Hydro's own production and to other aluminium metal plants.

Some of the alumina goes straight to the neighboring business Albras, the second-largest aluminium metal plant in Brazil with 1,200 permanent employees and over 400 workers on long-term contracts. Hydro owns 51 percent of this business and the remaining 49 percent is owned by the Nippon Amazon Aluminium Company. Albras has produced aluminium since 1985 and has annual production capacity of about 460,000 mt. The company gets its electricity from the Tucurui hydro-power plant.

Visitor information

ALBRAS - Alumínio Brasileiro S/A

Contact us

ALBRAS - Alumínio Brasileiro S/A
Rodovia Pa-483, Km 21
Distrito de Murucupi - Barcarena - Pará
CEP 68447-000
Brasil

Phone: +55 91 3754 6000
Fax: +55 91 3754 1669
Website:  Albras

Alunorte - Alumina do Norte do Brasil S.A.

Alumina refining.

Contact us

Alunorte - Alumina do Norte do Brasil S.A.
Rodovia PA
481 - km 12
CEP 68447-000 Distrito de Murucupi
Barcarena - Para
Brazil

Phone: +55 91 3754-9000, Call free + 55 0800709330
Fax: +55-91 3754 1167
Website:  Hydro do Brasil

Companhia de Alumina do Pará S.A.


Close

Contact