Hydro's financial results are significantly influenced by the oil price, aluminium price and the Norwegian krone / US dollar exchange rate. Find out how the movement in these factors impacts Hydro's results.Indicative price and currency sensitivities
|Commodity price sensitivity +/- 10%|
|Currency sensitivities +/- 10%|
|NOK million||EBIT||Financial items|
- Annual sensitivites based on normal annual business volumes, LME USD 1 750 per mt, Fuel oil USD 440 per mt, petroleum coke USD 250 per mt, caustic soda USD 425 per mt, coal USD 80 per mt, NOK/USD 8.40, NOK/BRL 2.70, NOK/EUR 9.00
- Aluminium price sensitivity is net of aluminium price indexed costs and excluding unrealized effects related to operational hedging.
- BRL sensitivity calculated on a long-term basis with fuel oil assumed in USD. In the short-term, fuel oil is BRL-denominated
- Excludes effects of priced contracts in currencies different from underlying currency exposure (transaction exposure)
- Currency sensitivites on financial items includes effects from intercompany positions and embedded derivatives.
- Currency sensitivities on financial items do not take into account movements in interest rate forward curves
- 2016 Platts alumina index (PAX) exposure used