Hydro is a global supplier of aluminium and aluminium products, with strong positions in bauxite mining and alumina refining.
Our commercial instinct drives us to ensure value creation through innovative and efficient solutions based on aluminium. Hydro’s customers include automotive, packaging and building industries. Together, we create products that make cars lighter and safer and buildings more efficient homes and work places.
- More than 85 years of experience as a light metals producer
- Bauxite mining in Brazil
- Alumina refining in Brazil
- Primary metal production in Qatar, Brazil, Germany, Norway, Slovakia and Canada
- Market leader in aluminium recycling
- Continuously enhancing its position in the manufacture and supply of casted, rolled and extruded products, largely to the packaging, automotive and building industries
- Position within production and semi-fabrication in Europe, and also in the Americas, strengthened in 2002 through acquisition of the German company VAW aluminium AG and the French company Technal
- Owns 50 percent of Sapa, a world-leading producer of extruded aluminium products
- Business areas: Bauxite & Alumina, Primary Metal, Rolled Products
For further financial information, see Hydro's Annual reporting 2015