General Meeting May 7, 2019
- Notice of Annual General Meeting
- Appendix 1 Financial Statements and Board of Directors' report and the auditor's report for financial year 2018
- Appendix 2: Notice of attendance AGM 2019
- Appendix 3: Board of Directors statement on Management remuneration
- Appendix 4: Recommendation from the Nomination Committee
- Appendix 5: Norsk Hydro ASA AGM 2019 protocol
- Webcast of Annual General Meeting 2019
Information about general meetings
The General Meeting is the highest decision-making authority of the company. All shareholders are entitled to submit items to the agenda, meet, speak and vote at general meetings.
In accordance with Norwegian corporate law, the physical presence of the shareholders or their authorized representatives is required in order to vote. In addition, votes can only be given for shares registered in the owner’s name.
Holders of shares in the form of American Depository Shares (ADSs) need to exchange their ADSs for shares in accordance with the Deposit Agreement and then register such shares with the Norwegian Central Securities Depository (Verdipapirsentralen) if they want to vote for their shares at the general meeting.
The annual general meeting is normally held in May. Notice of the meeting is sent to all shareholders individually, or to their depository banks.
The general meeting elects the shareholders’ representatives to the corporate assembly, and approves the annual result and any proposed dividend payment. In accordance with Norwegian legislation, the shareholders consider and vote on the appointment of the external auditor based on the proposal from the corporate assembly, and approve the remuneration to be paid to the external auditor.
The notice and agenda papers for the general meeting can be downloaded from the links above. Any shareholder may request the documents to be sent by mail by addressing:
Norsk Hydro ASA
Request may also be made by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The shareholders have the following rights in connection with a general meeting:
- Right to attend the general meeting, either in person or by proxy (see below).
- Right to address the general meeting.
- Right to bring one adviser and convey to him/her this right of address.
- Right to request information from members of the board of directors, the corporate assembly and the President and CEO as further set out in Section 5-15 of the Norwegian Public Limited Companies Act. Request for information should be put forward no later than 10 days prior to the general meeting.
- Right to submit alternative proposals in connection with the items to be dealt with by the general meeting.
- Right to have matters dealt with by the General Meeting that the shareholder has submitted in writing to the board of directors within seven days prior to the deadline for notice of the general meeting, together with the proposed decision or a reason why the matter should be put on the agenda. The general meeting cannot in general deal with other matters than those included in the notice of the meeting.
Shareholders wishing to nominate a candidate for the nomination committee, corporate assembly or board of directors, or request information from a member of the board of directors or the corporate assembly, the Chief Executive Officer, or wishing to have matters dealt with at the general meeting, are requested to post their proposal or nomination here.