Hydro is a fully integrated aluminium company with 35,000 employees in 40 countries on all continents, combining local expertise, worldwide reach and unmatched capabilities in R&D. In addition to production of primary aluminium, rolled and extruded products and recycling, Hydro also extracts bauxite, refines alumina and generates energy to be the only 360° company of the global aluminium industry. Hydro is present within all market segments for aluminium, with sales and trading activities throughout the value chain serving more than 30,000 customers.
Communication & Public Affairs in Hydro is a world-wide organization, located in Norway, Brussels, Germany, USA, and Brazil. The department is closely integrated with Hydro’s operations and businesses, with a total of approximately 50 people working in a broad range of fields within the communication and public affairs trade.
Due to internal restructuring we are now looking for a communication professional to join us, to work particularly within the fields of media relations and emergency preparedness.
In this truly global position, you will support, develop, plan, and execute activities, reporting to Head of Media & Digital. You will have external and internal interfaces, with all parts and levels of our global organization. For the right person, this is a unique opportunity to gain insight in and become part of Hydro’s operations.
Area of Responsibility
- Manage media relations and handle media requests
- Develop content for press releases, news stories, briefings, and more
- Emergency preparedness planning and participation in preparedness situations
- Conduct training sessions
- Be part of the press officer on-call roster
- University degree, e.g. communication/media, business, technical
- Minimum 5 years’ experience from journalism and/or media handling
- Excellent communication, presentation, and public speaking skills
- Ability to consistently and efficiently produce high quality content
- Fluency in English, written and spoken. Professional working proficiency in Norwegian is an asset
- Driver’s license and flexibility to travel
- Experience with photography and/or video is an advantage
As a person, we believe you are results-oriented, and service-minded towards your customers. You combine an analytical mindset with a hands-on approach and great attention to detail. Others perceive you as open, collaborative, and trustworthy, and you communicate effectively with all levels of an organization. Furthermore, you stay calm and professional whilst working under pressure.
Hydro’s Communication & Public affairs department is a diversified team, with a balance of experienced and young talents. You will join the unit in Oslo, which consists of close to 20 people.
The position will require some business travel in Norway and internationally.
Please enclose all relevant transcripts with your application (academic records/diplomas, certificates etc.). Only applications received through our online system will be considered, not via email.
As part of our recruitment process, we use Semac for background check.