Hydro is a fully integrated aluminium company with 35,000 employees in 40 countries on all continents, combining local expertise, worldwide reach and unmatched capabilities in R&D. In addition to production of primary aluminium, rolled and extruded products and recycling, Hydro also extracts bauxite, refines alumina and generates energy to be the only 360° company of the global aluminium industry.
Hydro Extrussion in Iberia is formed by around 600 employees situated in 6 different locations. The Manufacturing Manager is located in our plant in la Roca del Vallès (Barcelona).
Areas of responsibility/Role in Extruded Solution
As Manufacturing Manager you will provide leadership, direction, and guidance to Manufacturing Supervisors and Team members to successfully accomplish the business objectives of Cost, Quality, Schedule and Safety established by the company with an effective use of Equipment, raw materials, facilities, and personnel.
You will encourage and promote teamwork and continuous improvement efforts. Specifically you will:
- Manage the Extrusion/ Fabrication Operations in schedules, metrics, staffing, budget planning, capacity planning, support resources, training and overall processes; and maintain schedule compliance and budget perimeters.
- Manage continuous improvement initiatives throughout the department and coordinate with all company resources the continuous learning philosophy for all Staff.
- Provide direction to team members based on general policies and company guidance. Insure all team personnel focus on company goals, objectives and core values. Use established policies and precedents to guide direction given to team members.
- Identify manufacturing constraints and coordinate with appropriate company resources to eliminate the constraints.
- Maintain compliance and HSE rules.
- Maintains contact with inter-organizational and customer representatives at various levels regarding schedules and projects.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Education: Position requires a Engineer degree.
- Experience: 5 or more years manufacturing Supervisory experience. Must have thorough knowledge and experience with Extrusion/metal fabrication processes along.
- English and Spanish (C1)
- Working knowledge with Flow technology, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Project (preferred).
- Excellent leadership skills. Our values: care, courage and collaboration need to be strong.