Hydro is a fully integrated aluminium company with 35,000 employees in 40 countries on all continents, combining local expertise, worldwide reach and unmatched capabilities in R&D. In addition to production of primary aluminium, rolled and extruded products and recycling, Hydro also extracts bauxite, refines alumina and generates energy to be the only 360° company of the global aluminium industry. Hydro is present within all market segments for aluminium, with sales and trading activities throughout the value chain serving more than 30,000 customers.
HR in Hydro consists of three specialized areas: Global HR (GHR), HR Business Partners (HR BPs) and Global Business Services (GBS) HR. GHR is responsible for designing and developing global HR strategies, policies, processes and tools. Furthermore, GHR defines the framework that HR operates within and monitors HR performance, HR controlling and HR information system management. GHR consists currently of two teams, GHR Compensation & Benefits (C&B) and GHR Organization & Leadership (O&L). The People and Organizational Development role reports to Head of Global HR Organization and Leadership and is part of a team consisting of 12 employees.
In order to capitalize on new digital business opportunities, Hydro is investing in competence development, training and agile ways of working. This will require GHR O&L to lead the way and deliver targeted digital solutions and learning modules going forward. In this context, we are searching for a colleague to join our O&L team and drive various activities and projects within the people learning and development area.
Area of Responsibility
The purpose of the role is to ensure People and Leadership development that meet the needs of the business by applying agile ways of learning and by utilizing digital solutions:
- Develop, implement and monitor the global framework (strategy, policies, processes and tools) for Hydro Academy and a portfolio of global training programs
- Identify business needs, in close collaboration with HR BPs and GBS HR specialists, and translate them into training initiatives
- Involve in global vendor management to secure cost efficient and high-quality partners and solutions for sourcing and designing of training modules/elements
- Train and certify internal and external trainers
- Ensure that learning and development is an integrated part of all HR processes
- Manage the sharing of knowledge and good practice globally within People and Organizational development
- Support in consultations with employee representatives on cross business area issues related to People and Organizational development
- Develop and follow up performance data and metrics (internal and external) to proactively identify opportunities for Improvement
- Master’s degree within Science, Business, Human Resource Management or similar
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience within the field of People and Organizational development/Human resource Management. Experience from management consulting can be an advantage
- Project management skills
- Knowledge and interest in strategic HR developments and trends
- Ability to have a new and innovative perspective on matters and to present effective solutions that display a new and fresh approach to existing problems
- Strong consulting and facilitation skills
- Fluency in English (Norwegian is not a requirement)
Furthermore, when evaluating personal attributes relevant for this role, we are we looking for candidates with:
- High work standards and ability to work well both in a team and individually
- Growth mindset with a desire to learn and seek challenges
- Structured approach to work with the ability to manage multiple parallel projects/tasks
The position is based in Oslo, but will require some travelling, approx. 20 – 40 days every year, depending on the projects.