Facts about Hydro's new automotive range
On May 4th, Hydro will unveil its new, state-of-the-art range in Grevenbroich, Germany, which will produce aluminum for parts for the automotive industry and will help lighten the weight of millions of new cars each year.
- Production capacity: 150,000 tons per year
- Investment: 130 million euros
- Customers: Mercedes-Benz, Audi, BMW, Peugeot, Citroën and others
- Production line: 190 meters long, 55 operators, five shifts
- Energy efficiency: 36% lower energy consumption compared to other production lines