Facts about Hydro's new automotive line
On May 4 of this year, Hydro will open a new state-of-the-art production line in Grevenbroich, Germany, which will produce aluminum parts for the automotive industry and help make millions of cars lighter every year.
- Annual capacity: 150,000 tons
- Investment costs: EUR 130 million
- Customers: Mercedes-Benz, Audi, BMW, Peugeot, Citroën and others
- Installation: 190 meters long, 55 workers, five shifts
- Energy efficiency: 36% reduction in consumption compared to similar production lines