Following effects from the Coronavirus situation, as well as the effect from actions implemented by authorities to fight the Coronavirus, customers are starting to reduce their production.
The impact is currently most visible in the automotive segment and in building and construction, and more broadly in southern Europe. Consequently, Extruded Solutions is reducing and temporarily closing some activities in France, Spain and Italy.
Depending on further governmental measures introduced in various countries and regions, and the situation on the demand side in various segments, Hydro will take the necessary measures to adapt to the situation.
Hydro’s corporate emergency team is mobilized, working closely with all business areas to monitor and coordinate contingency planning and mitigating measures across the company.
Reducing or halting production at plants may lead to temporary layoffs.
- Bauxite & Alumina: Operations running as normal. High market uncertainty.
- Energy: Operations running as normal. High market uncertainty.
- Primary Metal: Primary production running as normal. High market uncertainty.
- Rolled Products: Operations running at normal levels, but impact expected in the coming days due to customers closing production in Europe.
- Extruded Solutions: Operations mostly running as normal, but some markets affected, impacting production levels, especially in southern Europe. Reducing or halting production at some sites, due to customers halting their production.
: March 19, 2020