Aluminium battery cables
Our flat, round, and oval battery cables in aluminium will substantially reduce the amount of wired weight in your electric, hybrid, and fossil fuel-powered vehicles.
Hydro battery cables are extruded solid aluminium rods that offer significant advantages in material, weight, and cost for your car’s electrical system.
As a standard, the cables are HYCOT® coated with either polyamide (PA) or polyethylene (PE/XPE) coatings and can be delivered in round, flat or oval shapes.
Aluminium battery cables for all types of passenger vehicles
Our aluminium battery cables can be applied in electric, hybrid and fossil fuel cars.
Some vehicle designs today, especially for hybrid models, place the battery away from the engine. This fosters and increases the weight and cost-saving potential that aluminium cables provide.
Key features and facts
- Lightweight: 1/3 of weight when compared to copper
- Saving: cost savings due to raw material selection and weight savings
- Coating: protection, insulation and differentiated design possibilities with PA, PE and XP coatings
- Printing: key information can be printed over the product as traceability and customer specification
- Product specification: cables are offered in coils or cut to length
- Processability: aluminium alloys allow specifically designed mechanical properties
Your aluminium partner
We offer you unmatched R&D knowledge, including high-strength alloy development, with applied manufacturing skills in bending, machining, joining, surface treatment and assembly. Our high-precision semis guarantee efficiency and performance in your manufacturing processes and in the car.
We work with OEMs and top-tier suppliers in North America, Europe, and Asia. We serve as consulting engineers and as your manufacturing partner, utilizing aluminium extrusion and rolling technologies in structural and heat transfer applications.
As the automotive industry is replacing steel and copper with aluminium, we are your partner.