- Continuing to closely follow the local situation in areas where the health care system may be challenged and identify ways in which Hydro can assist, in addition to continuing implementation of already approved support actions.
- Stepping up support for the Community Environmental Emergency Brigade in Barcarena, Brazil, to provide awareness on actions to prevent and combat Covid-19.
- 2700 employees temporarily laid off.
- Bauxite & Alumina: Operations mostly running as normal. High market uncertainty.
- Energy: Operations mostly running as normal. High market uncertainty
- Primary Metal: Primary production operations mostly running as normal. Husnes aluminium plant ramp-up postponed to Q3 2020 at the earliest. Recyclers Azuqueca in Spain, Lucé in France, Rackwitz in Germany and Deeside in UK restarts this week after being temporarily closed. US recyclers Henderson and Commerce operating at reduced capacity-utilization in response to falling demand and government-imposed restrictions. High market uncertainty.
- Rolled Products: Operations mostly running as normal. Temporarily reducing production for automotive sector as customers closing production. High market uncertainty.
- Extruded Solutions: Around 30 percent of the sites are running at approximately normal levels, around 50 percent are running at reduced levels and around 20 percent are either closed or running at very low levels. During last and this week, several plants have or will re-open to serve customers in various segments.
: April 14, 2020