The Annual General Meeting will take place on May 10, 2022.
Information on Annual General Meeting
The Annual General Meeting is the company's highest decision-making body. All shareholders have the right to propose items for the agenda and to vote at the Annual General Meeting.
The Annual General Meeting elects the shareholders' representatives to the Corporate Assembly and approves the annual financial statements and the board's proposal to distribute a dividend. According to Norwegian legislation, the Annual General Meeting must appoint an auditor based on a proposal from the Corporate Assembly and approve the auditor fees.
The notice and meeting documents for the Annual General Meeting can be downloaded from this website. Shareholders can request that the documents be sent by mail by writing to the following address:
Norsk Hydro ASA
For the attention of Investor Relations
Inquiries can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Documents to Annual General Meeting
The meeting notice is sent to all shareholders individually or to the shareholders' custodian banks. Links to this year’s documents will be available on this website.
Participation and voting
Pursuant to section 9, fourth paragraph of the company's Articles of Association, a shareholder has the right to participate and vote based on the number of shares registered in the shareholder's name in the Norwegian Central Securities Depository (VPS) on the fifth working day before the Annual General Meeting. Owners of trustee-registered shares wishing to exercise their rights at the Annual General Meeting must register directly in the shareholder register in VPS by the fifth working day before the Annual General Meeting.
Shareholders have the opportunity to vote in advance or give authorization to a proxy before the meeting, in accordance with previous practice, and as described in the “Notice of Annual General Meeting”.
The shareholders rights in connection with an annual general meeting
- Right to attend the Annual General meeting, either in person or by proxy
- Right to vote in the Annual General Meeting
- Right to let an advisor participate in the Annual General Meeting
- Right to submit questions prior to the Annual General Meeting
- Right to submit questions, input and comments, including alternative proposals in connection with the agenda items, in writing to the Chair during the Annual General Meeting or to convey these rights to an advisor
- Right to request information from the members of the Board of Directors and the Corporate Assembly and the President and CEO as set out in section 5–15 of the Public Limited Liability Companies Act. Request for information should be submitted no later than 10 days prior to the Annual General Meeting
- Right to have matters dealt with by the Annual General Meeting. Questions have to be submitted in writing to the Board of Directors within seven days prior to the deadline for notice of the Annual General Meeting, together with the proposed decision or a reason why the matter should be put on the agenda. The Annual General Meeting cannot in general deal with other matters than those included in the notice
Shareholders who wish to request information from board members, the Corporate Assembly or the CEO or who wish to raise issues at the Annual General Meeting are requested to submit their proposals here.