We provide products for battery boxes. Our metal makes these applications mechanical resistant, formable and resistant to corrosion and crashes.
We offer the following alloys for battery boxes:
- 3003: Developed for high-forming operations specific for prismatic cells
- 5xxx (Al-Mg alloys): Material specifically used for high strength, formability and weldability
- 6101B: Specific material composition developed for compromising mechanical resistance and conductivity. Draw ratio 2:1 is comparable to can materials
For EMV shielding, our metal provides excellent properties, such as mechanical resistance, high formability, good corrosion behavior and high conductivity.
For that application, we offer:
- 1070-E or 1xxx alloys: HYDEC 1070 composed for electro applications with conductivity of typically 63.0 percent IACS
Battery cooling applications need to have high thermal conductivity, good corrosion behavior and mechanical resistance. Our aluminium solutions in this application area include the following alloys:
- 3xxx (Al-Mn alloys), cladded solutions, developed for high-forming operations specific for prismatic cells
- 6xxx (Al-Mg-Si alloys), cladded solutions, material specifically used for high strength, formability and weldability
- Braze clad material combinations: Combinations of plates and formed materials or in combination with welded tubes and/or extruded parts possible by brazed joints