Aluminium Anodising and Surface Treatment
Anodising is a surface treatment method of extruded aluminium profiles to acquire performance and visual benefits. Anodising can produce a variety of finishes and colours such as black and natural anodised aluminium.
Did you know?
Anodising your aluminium extrusions significantly reduces the risk of filiform corrosion, chipping, flaking, peeling or chalking and increases thermal and electrical insulating properties.
Anodising is a process in which the outer surface of an aluminium profile is converted into aluminium oxide, a ceramic with unique properties. It is a cost-effective procedure to produce desired decorative aesthetics and effects as well as being efficiently maintainable.
Anodising is a surface-treatment method which is used for the following purposes:
- Create a permanent new appearance
- For efficient corrosion resistance
- As a dirt repellent surface that corresponds to a high standard of hygiene
- To provide a decorative surface with durable paint and lustre
- To give a smooth surface
- For a functional surface, a sliding face or an abrasion-proof surface, e.g. for machine parts
- Offers an electric insulating surface
- Acts as a basis for the application of glue and paint
- Hydro is your one stop shop. Our in-house capabilities mean we can aid in design, extrude your profiles, fabricate your profiles and apply surface treatment for desired finish
Hydro Aluminium UK Ltd promise that all profiles and components supplied and anodised to 25 micron standard shall be free from unacceptable and excessive amounts of peeling, fading, staining and decolourisation for a period of 25 years, subject to terms & conditions.
All anodising and surface treatment production will be inspected to BS3987:1991 or Qualanod standards. Hydro also supplies all customers with an in-depth guide and recommendations for maintenance of anodised products to reduce risk of any negative effects.
We use our Sapa Lok range to provide a surface treatment benefitting from a corrosion resistant and strong finish. A benefit of the SapaLok process is a highly durable surface coating, with no risk of chalking. SapaLok also offers enhanced corrosion resistance combined with high UV stability to ensure colours do not fade.