Aluminium in buildings and construction
Whether you're looking for casthouse products, customized rolled or extruded solutions or complete building systems, we are your preferred partner.
Efficient, flexible and sustainable
Aluminium is one of the most used materials in modern buildings because:
- Aluminium improves energy efficiency in buildings
- The high strength-to-weight ratio minimizes the loads on a building’s supporting structure
- Its natural resistance to corrosion leads to a long service life
- The design flexibility makes it a favorite among engineers and architects
- It can be anodized or painted, which gives it even more durability and corrosion resistance – and meet any decorative desires
Complete systems and local adjustments
We deliver everything from casthouse products to extruded and rolled aluminium solutions for your project, as well as complete systems for the building envelope. Our brands Sapa, Technal and Wicona develop and manufacture complete systems, while our local manufacturing plants produce architectural extrusions as well as strip and sheet that fit your own systems.
Hydro’s new low carbon aluminium products Hydro CIRCAL 75R and Hydro REDUXA 4.0 make it possible to meet even the highest standards of sustainable buildings.