HyLectral battery electrode foil
This high strength foil provides high conductivity and good corrosion behavior as well as high-quality surface conditioning for processing.
- High-strength foil 1100-L, made by a special composition with Al purity of minimum 99.5 percent and specific rolling process conditions
- High-conductivity foil 1085-L, made by special composition with Al purity higher than 99.8 percent and specific rolling process conditions
An ultrasonic weldable strip with high conductivity and good corrosion behavior is needed for the cell cover. Aluminium have these properties. Alloys used are AlMn (3xxx), which is made under specific rolling process conditions.
Cell pole/tabs require high conductivity and good corrosion behavior. Our material offers these qualities. The alloys used are 1070-E. The material HYDEC 1070 is composed for electro applications with conductivity of typically 63,0 % IACS – or 1xxx alloys.
For cell housing, the properties of aluminium, like mechanical resistance, good formability, good corrosion behavior, thermal and electrical conductivity and weldability, are key. We can offer different alloys for this application area:
- 1070-E or 1xxx alloys: For high forming, particularly for round cells
- 3003 (Al-Mn alloys): Developed for high forming operations, in particular for prismatic cells
- 5xxx (Al-Mg alloys): Particularly used for high strength, formability and weldability
- 6101B: Specific material composition developed for compromising mechanical resistance and conductivity. Draw ratio 2:1 is comparable to can materials
- 8021-F: Material developed for high forming operations for laminated materials like pouch foil