The Albras plant in Barcarena, Pará state, was operating at 25% reduced capacity following a power distribution failure within one potline, consequently leading to a shutdown of the affected potline.
The plant’s three other lines were unaffected and there were no injuries. First pots of Line 2 were restarted on March 25. The production line is expected to be operating at normal capacity in Q4 2022.
Albras has a total production capacity of 460,000 tonnes per year. Hydro owns 51% of Albras, while the remaining 49% is owned by Nippon Amazon Aluminium Co. Ltd.
: April 08, 2022