Headquartered in Norway, Hydro is rooted in more than a century of expertise in hydropower, development of technology and product innovation. We are present within all market segments for aluminium, from production of the primary metal to recycling and repurposing it. Our sales and trading activities throughout the value chain serve more than 30,000 customers.
From extracting the bauxite and refining the alumina to producing primary metal and offering specialized products to a wide range of industries, our commitment remains the same: To strengthen the viability of our customers and communities through innovative and sustainable aluminium solutions.
- Legal name: Norsk Hydro ASA
- Founded: 1905
- Business areas: Hydro Bauxite & Alumina, Hydro Aluminium Metal, Hydro Rolling, Hydro Extrusions, Hydro Energy
- Number of employees: 34,000
- Company presence in around 40 countries worldwide
- President and CEO: Hilde Merete Aasheim
Key figures, 2019
- Revenue: NOK 149,766 million
- Underlying EBIT: NOK 3,359 million
- Net income from continuing operations: NOK (2,370) million