Since 1905, Hydro has turned natural resources into valuable products for people and businesses, creating a safe and secure workplace for our 30,000 employees in more than 140 locations and 40 countries.
Today, we own and operate various businesses and have investments with a base in sustainable industries. Hydro is present in a broad range of market segments for aluminum and metal recycling, and energy and renewables. We offer a unique wealth of knowledge and competence.
Hydro is committed to leading the way towards a more sustainable future, creating more viable societies by developing natural resources into products and solutions in innovative and efficient ways.
- Legal name: Norsk Hydro ASA
- Founded: 1905
- Business areas: Hydro Bauxite & Alumina, Hydro Aluminium Metal, Hydro Extrusions, Hydro Energy
- Number of employees: 31,000
- Company presence in around 40 countries worldwide
- President and CEO: Hilde Merete Aasheim
Key figures, 2021
- Revenue: NOK 149,654 million
- Underlying EBIT: NOK 20,786 million
- Net income from continuing operations: NOK 13,930 million