“Our customers in the building and construction sector are really focusing on sustainability. They want material and solutions that can help them meet their sustainability targets. With Circal 75R, we provide aluminium with a carbon footprint that fits well with the most demanding sustainability requirements,” says Egil Hogna, EVP responsible for Hydro Extruded Solutions.
The Økern Portal is owned by Oslo Pensjonsforsikring, with Stema responsible for project management and Vedal Entreprenør as project lead and main contractor in a design and build contract. The project is scheduled for completion in 2021. The ambition is to create a sustainable community, offering office locations side by side with restaurants and cultural experiences.
The lead architect is Dark Arkitekter, with Staticus as facade producer.
“Staticus endeavors to reduce, re-use and recycle wherever possible. With this façade, we reduce the total carbon footprint of the building project by using recycled aluminium which has been used before. I believe we have only seen the start of sustainability in the building and construction sector,” says CEO Aušra Vankevičiūtė in the Staticus Group.
Ambitious European emissions targets
Hydro’s aluminium building systems brand WICONA is the system supplier, providing the facade in Circal 75R.
Hydro is the first aluminium producer supplying prime quality end-of-life recycled aluminium with a certified content of more than 75 percent recycled post-consumer scrap. The production process is fully traceable, and the product is certified by an independent third party (DNV GL).
The European Commission’s sustainability targets require all new buildings to operate at net zero carbon emissions by 2030 – and all buildings by 2050. Hydro’s Circal 75R is enabling builders and architects to meet the most demanding sustainability targets.
About Circal 75R
- Hydro’s Circal 75R is a certified alloy with a minimum content of 75 percent post-consumer recycled aluminium
- The composition of Circal 75R is verified by DNV GL, based on traceability and quality principles developed by Hydro
- Hydro’s advanced scrap sorting technology makes it possible for the company to offer prime-quality aluminium with the most post-consumer recycled content available in the market
- WICONA is one of Hydro’s building systems product brands
- Since its foundation in 1948, WICONA has grown from a design office to an international brand manufacturing high quality, technically advanced aluminium systems and providing support for prestigious projects around the world