The Lixa office complex in Warsaw, Poland, will be part of the dynamic and sustainable development of the country's capital once it is completed in 2022. Hydro’s low-carbon recycled CIRCAL will be joining the journey. Hydro will supply 120 tonnes of Hydro CIRCAL to the project. As buildings represent about 40% of greenhouse gas emissions globally, Hydro CIRCAL gives building projects enhanced sustainability credentials from the start.
Hydro is the first aluminium producer supplying prime-quality end-of-life recycled aluminium with a certified content of more than 75% recycled post-consumer scrap. Demand for Hydro CIRCAL is on the rise, with new industries looking for material and solutions that can help meet their sustainability targets.
More than 85 building projects in Europe and the Middle East are using Hydro CIRCAL aluminium in facades, windows and other architectural elements.
It’s been a little more than a year since Hydro launched its greener brands CIRCAL and REDUXA. Since the launch, Hydro’s Building Systems business unit, which supplies facades to the building and construction industry thorough its brands WICONA, TECHNAL and Sapa, has gone all-in on selling our greener aluminium products.
That’s more than 3,200 tonnes of greener aluminium, with big and small projects of up to 400 tonnes. This year, all of Building Systems’ solutions in Europe will be available in either CIRCAL or REDUXA, another low-carbon range from Hydro.
“In a fairly short time, Hydro CIRCAL has become a key part of our product portfolio, with increased demand from customers and various industries,” says Egil Hogna, Executive Vice President for Hydro’s Extruded Solutions business.
“We have already established a strong presence in the building and construction sector. With Hydro CIRCAL, we provide aluminium with a carbon footprint that fits well with the most demanding sustainability requirements,” says Henri Gomez, head of Hydro’s building systems brands WICONA, TECHNAL and Sapa.
Projects and locations
CIRCAL projects: ~85
Locations: Germany, France, Sweden, UK, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Kuwait.
About Hydro CIRCAL
- Hydro CIRCAL is an extrusion ingot that can be made into an array of profiles that are especially well suited for building projects. It is light yet strong, and corrosion resistant.
- Hydro CIRCAL is made of minimum 75% recycled consumer scrap, such as old window frames, aluminium packaging and car parts.
- Using recycled aluminium, we drastically reduce energy use in the production phase whilst still offering high-quality aluminium.
- Operating the most advanced aluminium sorting technology in the industry allows us to provide some of the highest recycled content aluminium available on the market.
- The higher the recycled content, the lower the carbon footprint.
- Hydro aluminium is certified with the ASI Performance Standard and the ASI Chain of Custody Standard to document that the aluminium products are sourced and produced responsibly throughout the entire value-chain.