Hydro has been providing a range of information to the community through various methods so that anyone wishing to understand activities at the site has access to the relevant information. In order to achieve this, Hydro has established a Community Reference Group, a 1800-number community line, contact email address, as well as this website so the project team can hear and respond to questions, concerns or suggestions from the community as the project progresses.
From time to time we will arrange drop-in sessions to provide an opportunity for anyone to come and meet the project team and ask questions or raise concerns about the project. Drop-in sessions have already been held in May and June 2015 and in August 2016. We will place information about future drop-in sessions on this website as they are planned.
Community Reference Group
In mid-2015 we called for expressions of interest to sit on the Community Reference Group (CRG). Since then this group has been meeting on a regular basis.
The CRG members belong to community groups, represent Council, or simply live nearby. The main criteria for membership was that the members are available to attend meetings, have capacity to disseminate information from the meetings back into the community, and can bring questions or suggestions to the meetings so that the project team understands the values and aspirations of the community for the future of the site.
The group operates under a terms of reference. These terms were developed at the first meeting with the members and describe what the meetings are for, how they will run, and the rights and obligations of members.
CRG members are:
- Mr Richard Brown – Managing Director, Hydro Kurri Kurri
- Mr Kerry McNaughton – Environmental Officer, Hydro Kurri Kurri
- Clr Robert Aitchison – Maitland City Council
- Cr Darrin Gray – Cessnock City Council
- Mr Mark Roser – Senior Strategic Planner, Maitland City Council
- Mr Gareth Curtis – Director Planning and Environment, Cessnock City Council
- Mr Martin Johnson – Strategic Land Use Planning Manager, Cessnock City Council
- Mr Rod Doherty –Kurri Kurri Business Chamber
- Ms Debra Ford – Community representative
- Mr Alan Gray – Community representative
- Mr Brad Wood – Community representative
- Mr Andrew Walker – Hydro Kurri Kurri
- Mr Bill Metcalfe – Community representative
- Mr Toby Thomas – Community representative
- Mrs Kerry Hallett – Hunter Business Enterprise Centre
- Ms Tara Dever – CEO Mindaribba Local Aboriginal Land Council
CRG members are encouraged to provide information about the project to interested community members.
Draft minutes are posted soon after each meeting. The final version replaces the draft file once the minutes are ratified at the following meeting.
We invite you to please contact us if you have any questions, concerns, complaints or suggestions relating to this project.
The community reference group is another way to find out about the project. We urge the local community to be in active contact with CRG members and ensure that different perspectives are represented and feedback to the project team occurs.
+61 1800 066 243
Hydro Aluminum Kurri Kurri Pty Ltd
PO Box 1
Kurri Kurri NSW 2327