World-leading in cans
We are the major global supplier of body, end and tab stock in the form of rolled coil for the production of aluminum beverage cans. We are committed to serving the global beverage can market – our contribution for a sustainable future.
We look back on decades of experience in developing and continuously improving our material for the aluminum beverage can. Be it shapes or colors – we and aluminum can.
Why aluminum in cans?
- Recyclable. Aluminum can be reused again and again without losing quality. Recycling aluminum means 95 percent less energy consumption in comparison to the primary production
- Cooling effect. Due to the high heat conductivity properties of aluminum, beverages filled in cans are easily cooled with a minimum loss of energy
- Light-proof and oxygen-tight. Due to its physical properties, aluminum is the ideal material for protecting liquids from external influences
- Stackable and light. Because of its low weight and shape, aluminum cans are perfectly suited for transporting large quantities of beverages in small units with minimum space requirements
Why our cans?
- We provide the brightest surface available in the market
- We ensure maximum productivity, which leads to cost-effective performance in the beverage can-end manufacture
- We offer production flexibility with coil widths up to two meters
- We have proven results for all gauges and all types of end-manufacturing lines
- We have an on-site end making pilot line for developments and technical support
- We use and test innovative materials with surface properties ideal for brand promotion and product differentiation
- We have the leading experience worldwide in the development, production and supply of aluminum beverage can products
Life cycle of beverage cans
With one coil we produce either:
- 8 million tabs
- 2.5 million ends
- 700,000 can bodies
- A truck with beverage cans can transport twice as much liquids as a truck with beverage bottles. This helps to reduce CO2 emissions
- The amount of cans used in Europe within the next five years will increase by about 10 billion cans
- 75 percent of all produced aluminum ever is still in use
- 95 percent of all cans in Germany are recycled
- While recycling cans we use 95 percent less energy than in primary aluminum production
- Every recycled can saves enough energy to provide a laptop with energy for three hours
- In our recycling plant for used beverage cans we recycle up to 50,000 tons of used beverage cans per year
- It takes 60 days until the recycled can appears on the market again