Custom Aluminum Extrusions in Pennsylvania
As a manufacturer of custom aluminum extrusions in Pennsylvania, Hydro Extrusion can offer expert solutions for your extrusion design needs in the building and construction, transportation, distribution, and solar/renewable energy industries as well as for virtually any industrial or consumer market.
Our Cressona, Pennsylvania facility is ISO 9001:2008 and ISO TS16949 certified and well-equipped to produce a wide range of extrusions with its nine direct and indirect presses that range from 2,500 tons (8”) to 6,000 tons (21”), including a state-of-the-art 14” indirect press for Rod and Bar production. And a full-service Quality Assurance Lab is located at our Mountain Top, Pennsylvania plant.
Hydro is the only soft alloy extruder in North America with indirect press technology. The indirect extrusion process allows for a more consistent grain structure and better dimensional tolerances, improving the machinability and finishing of our Rod and Bar products and creating increased control capabilities and greater efficiency for our customers.
Customers have access to vast resources across our entire network of 23 locations and 65 extrusion presses in North America. Using both 6xxx series aluminum alloys and proprietary alloys in the 1000, 2000, 3000, 5000, and 7000 series, as well as standard and special tempers, we can satisfy the most complex size and shape requirements with a diverse product line that includes:
- Standard and custom shapes up to 22.5” circle size
- Seamless pipe and tube up to 15.375” OD
- Structural pipe and tube up to 8.625” OD
- Rod up to 12.125” diameter
- Square bar up to 9” thickness
- Rectangular bar up to 19.6” width
- Heat sinks with fin ratios up to 40:1
In addition to our extrusion capabilities, Hydro Extrusion specializes in the finishing of aluminum products for every market. In fact, no one offers more finish options. High-capacity systems are designed to paint and anodize the newest generation of coatings. Our vertical powder coating line can accommodate very large volumes with short lead-times to produce an unbeatable product.
Our high-speed conveyor system for electrostatic paint application can complete projects up to 29 feet in length. As a licensed applicator for all major paint manufacturers, we offer the greatest selection of premier coatings and colors.
Our painting facilities include:
- 9 liquid paint lines and 3 powder coat lines
- Non-chrome and chrome phosphate conversion coating systems
- Large selection of acrylic enamels and polyester paints
- Color matching & blending system utilizing multiple interfaced computer and color spectrometer systems to match & blend acrylic and polyester paint coatings
For the latest in anodized finishes, we offer facilities for:
- Parts up to 31.5 feet in length
- Sulfuric acid anodizing in clear, organic, inorganic dyed finishes
- "Green” anodic coatings
- Caustic and acid etch capabilities
- Architectural bronze finishes with electrolytically deposited color
- Hard-coat anodizing
- Bright Anodizing
Hydro products can meet or exceed the specifications of AAMA 611.98, 2603.98, 2604.98 and 2605.98, and the Hydro Extrusion Coatings Division is ISO 9001:2008 certified.
For standard or custom aluminum extrusions in Pennsylvania, including Cressona, Mountain Top, Allentown, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Scranton, elsewhere in the Northeast and throughout North America, and for expert engineering, design, fabrication, finishing and marketing services that will take your product from concept to completion, get in touch with Hydro for innovative solutions.