We extract bauxite at our own quarry in Paragominas in the state of Pará, one of Brazil's northernmost states
Annual capacity is almost 10 million metric tons.
The bauxite is crushed and transported in a 244-kilometer-long pipeline to Barcarena, where it is refined into alumina at Hydro Alunorte and shipped to aluminium producers in Brazil and other parts of the world. Mining at Paragominas started in 2007 and employs about 1,300 permanent employees and about 350 workers on long-term contracts. Hydro owns 67.9 percent of Mineração Paragominas. The Brazilian company Vale owns the remaining 32.1 percent.