Skip to content

Alunorte

We are the world's largest alumina refinery outside China. Alunorte exports its products to ten countries in the Middle East, North America and Europe.

An industry aerial view

Alunorte is the world's largest alumina refinery outside China and is located in Pará, Brazil, more specifically in the industrial park of Barcarena.

After 20 years in operation, the company supplies the domestic and international markets. On average, 14% of its production goes to the domestic market and the other 86% goes for export.

Currently, Hydro Alunorte exports its products to ten countries in the Middle East, North America and Europe.

Since it was inaugurated in 1995, the refinery has undergone three expansions that increased its production capacity, all of which were implemented without any production downtime.

Today, the company generates more than 4,400 direct and indirect jobs, mostly for citizens of Pará.

 

Address

Rodovia PA – 481, km 12.

CEP 68.447-000

Distrito de Murucupi, Barcarena – Pará - Brasil

Canal Direto +55 08007210794

Did you know?

  • Start-up of production: 1995
  • Nominal capacity: 6.2 Mt
  • Production: 5.8 Mt/year