Hydro’s Corporate Compliance Department is responsible for the group compliance system that shall ensure that all persons acting on behalf of Hydro comply with applicable laws and regulations and with the requirements adopted by Hydro.
Due to the strict data protection requirements and a need to ensure adequate management of data protection risks Hydro looks for a Data Privacy compliance specialist that could join our team and provide privacy compliance and risk management support to the organization, mainly at corporate level. The position will be organized as part of the corporate compliance department reporting to Hydro’s Head of Data Privacy.
Area of Responsibility
Support management, as appropriate, in compliance work related to internal (e.g. Hydro’s Binding Corporate Rules) and external (e.g. GDPR) data protection requirements. Key tasks involve e.g.:
- data protection compliance risk management
- coordination of data privacy activities in cooperation with members of Hydro’s DP Network
- the performance and documentation of DPIAs
- integration of privacy by design/by default into methods and procedures implemented and when operationalized
- defining and maintaining organizational routines (internal control) at relevant level where responsibility lies
- handle and document identified non-compliance issues/data protection breaches
- train the trainers
Assist the Head of Data Privacy in the work on maintaining and further developing Hydro’s Data Protection framework and, as appropriate, in conducting key data protection compliance
- Relevant master’s degree (informatics, auditing, legal or similar)
- Experienced on data protection requirements (incl. GDPR) and related compliance issues/compliance risk management
- 5-10 years of relevant experience from consulting/auditing or from a larger sized/international business
- Experienced with leading Project based work
- Clear understanding of information technology and related management of information security
- Analytical mindset and ability to manage simultaneously multiple parallel tasks
- Ability to and like to work independently and, in a team
- Fluency in English with the ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally
- Experience with training/oral presentations an advantage
You are structured and self-driven, can work independently at the same time are team oriented. You have a clear understanding of and interest in how data protection compliance can be applied in a global corporate organization with complex cross-border data processing activities
The position is located in Oslo. Some travel will be expected.
Please enclose all relevant transcripts with your application (academic records/diplomas, certificates etc.). Only applications received through our online system will be considered, not via e-mail.
As part of our recruitment process, we use Semac for background check.