Hydro is a fully integrated aluminum company with 35,000 employees in 40 countries on all continents, combining local expertise, worldwide reach and unmatched capabilities in R&D. In addition to production of primary aluminum, rolled and extruded products and recycling, Hydro also extracts bauxite, refines alumina and generates energy to be the only 360° company of the global aluminum industry. Hydro is present within all market segments for aluminum, with sales and trading activities throughout the value chain serving more than 30,000 customers.
The Extrusion Supervisor will have complete and total responsibility for the safe operation, quality material, and productivity of all extrusion presses on a specific shift. This position is for the evening shift @ the Hydro Southeast Region Belton, SC facility. The person in this role reports to the Extrusion Unit Lead. This person will be required to maintain:
- a safe, clean and organized plant;
- to lead, train, coach and develop team members as a backup to the supervisor
- to safely produce the highest possible quality products at the lowest possible cost;
- to reach desired goals for 5S, safety, quality, COTD and production goals by helping supervisor ensure that the team members follow all company policies, practices and procedures; meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Ensure quality of product.
- Ensure press schedule adherence
- Assist operators in running to recipe
- Deliver production team plans towards safety, quality, cost and delivery,
- Direct and train hourly employees in set-up, operation of machinery, manufacturing processes, inspection methods, quality requirements, and efficient production of aluminum extrusion in a safe work environment.
- Meet the production schedules within scheduled requirements.
- Direct and motivate hourly employees through the review of processes, procedures, and productivity at all operations.
- Maintain safe work environment by enforcing current safety procedures, monitoring operations to develop new safety procedures and working in close cooperation with safety committee.
- Responsible for identifying, developing and introducing improvements utilizing Team techniques with a goal of managing a highly effective work Team.
- Leadership of production Team to achieve the benefit of the company's production system required manufacturingsafety, quality, quantities, costs and schedules.
- Perform leadership duties that include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Lead production employee training to ensure all employees are properly trained in regard to proper operation of machinery and equipment, performance of manufacturing and inspection processes, safety and quality requirements of each operation.
- Provide leadership of production Team in pursuit of improvements in safety control, work allocation, visual management, standard operating procedures, equipment control, continuous improvement, and quality control.
- Supervise housekeeping within your department.
- Communicate with other Team Leaders concerning all aspects of the job. Develop an effective team.
- Hold daily "Five Minute" Safety and production meetings with subordinates.
- Establish production standards for each operation and communicate expectations to employees.
- Support and maintain the established Quality Management System.
- Abide by and enforce company policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 years+ Manufacturing Experience
- Associates Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Formal problem-solving training
- Strong analytical skills
- Professionalism and good organizational skills
- Ability to encourage team to participate in process improvements and to achieve stated goals.
- Lean/CI practical application preferable
- Working knowledge of manufacturing resource planning particularly work scheduling/lead times
- Working knowledge of quality management systems
- From Day One with Hydro, employees can enjoy benefits including:
- Medical, Rx, Dental, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Savings Plans with Company match/contributions
- Education Assistance
- Bonus plan eligibility for all levels of employees
- Parental Leave
Hydro in North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer where all phases of employment are based strictly upon the qualifications of the individual as related to the work requirements of the position. This policy is applied without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other category protected by law.