The Maintenance Manager will be responsible for overseeing day to day Maintenance operations and assist in ensuring the equipment and processes continue to deliver their intended capabilities and supervising all Maintenance personnel.
- Support daily plant operations through effective troubleshooting and repair of Mechanical, Electrical and Control system; adhering to all policies, procedures and instructions. Performs preventative and predictive maintenance on equipment.
- Responsible to manage the daily, weekly and monthly Preventive Maintenance System
- Develop, coordinate and manage all facility and machinery maintenance, preventative maintenance programs and activities
- Ensure that all machine repairs and/or scheduled maintenance are completed/verified via Hydro Standards and that all appropriate closing codes are used. Ensure planned outages from plan inception through equipment returned to service.
- Develops and implements maintenance strategies to improve equipment reliability and minimize unplanned downtime.
- Lead, train and coordinate activities of Maintenance personnel; responsible for assigning daily work tasks, training apprentices, coaching skilled trade workers and developing apprentices
- Responsible for assigning and directing employees in a manner that maximizes the efficiency of the resources available in both planned and unplanned equipment care
- Responsible to secure and manage contracted resources
- Supervise routine maintenance, including PM plans and preservation activities such as lubrication, inspections and testing. Back log relief, deals with investigations, repairs and restoration activities. Maintain compliance and priority
- Specify replacement parts and requisition required repair parts. Take lead in verifying receipt of maintenance goods
- Review operational schedules and coordinates maintenance activities to ensure production and quality of product meets both internal and external customer specifications; develop and publish weekly maintenance schedule.
- Ensure housekeeping, productivity and quality of work standards are maintained
- Reviews priorities when developing the weekly or outage maintenance schedules; ensures the highest possible resource utilization in developing the weekly work schedule
- Actively comply with and enforce all safety policies and procedures. Take appropriate action to eliminate all unsafe acts or conditions.
- Participates in the development and reviews the annual maintenance plan, providing reliability and equipment strategy input, and support for the overall delivery in accordance with the plan
- Perform other duties as required
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in an engineering field
- 5+ years progressive experience in management/leadership role at a manufacturing facility in a Maintenance role
- Experience in the aluminum manufacturing industry or similar processing industry desirable
- Engineering degree (mechanical or electrical) or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Ability to read technical documentation/drawings
- Proficiency with PLC, mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic troubleshooting and repair is considered an asset
- Write routine reports and correspondence
- Well-developed interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
- Highly developed problem-solving skills and techniques
- Demonstrated ability to work in and through teams, with all levels of the workforce