In addition to production of primary aluminum, rolled and extruded products and recycling, Hydro also extracts bauxite, refines alumina and generates energy to be the only 360° company of the global aluminum industry. Hydro is present within all market segments for aluminum, with sales and trading activities throughout the value chain serving more than 30,000 customers.
Based in Norway and rooted in more than a century of experience in renewable energy, technology and innovation, Hydro is committed to strengthening the viability of its customers and communities, shaping a sustainable future through innovative aluminum solutions.
Our Extruded Solutions business has more than 20 manufacturing locations in the US delivering extruded aluminum solutions to customers in all industries. We also perform aluminum casting at 10 US locations, and have offices for technical services, aluminum building systems brands, and for our global Shared Service organization.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Hydro Aluminum Metals USA is seeking a Managing Director for the extrusion ingot recycling plant in Henderson, KY. The plant has 53 employees and produces 90k metric tons of extrusion ingot and is part of the Business Unit Recycling in Primary Metals together with 6 other plants. The Managing Director will have close working relationship with the other plant managers and the Commercial organization.
Area of Responsibility
- Provides overall leadership, direction and motivation to all team members/functional areas to develop and sustain a culture of respect and a commitment to safety and the environment throughout the plant’s operations. (Materials, Maintenance, Human Resources, Production, Quality and Safety, etc.)
- Assumes P&L responsibility of the plant
- Manage operations to increase quality, productivity and optimize raw material utilization
- Drive business, change and continuous improvement initiatives
- Develop the organization and employee competence to meet requirements
- Develop maintenance organization and programs to ensure stability and reliability in production to consistently meet customer expectations for product delivery and quality.
- Manage and develop internal and external communication
- Develop plant objectives and business plans to be integrated with the Business Unit strategies and plans
- Representing the plant to external stakeholders and community
- Ensure compliance to company, local, state and federal rules and regulations
Required Education/Experience and Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
- A Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10-15 year of progressive experience in manufacturing
- Experience with an Automated Production System; SAP experience a plus
- Financial understanding and practice with change management and strategic planning
- Demonstrated leadership skills with high level interpersonal, communication, collaboration and team skills
- Good understanding of business with specific knowledge of the U.S. aluminum market/industry
- Good project management skills
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in related field.
- Experience from an extrusion ingot casthouse
- 10-20% Travel (Includes domestic and international)
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Hydro offers competitive salaries, 401K with dollar to dollar match up to 5%, and a comprehensive benefits package
- Targeted annual bonus structure
Hydro Aluminum Metals USA is actively seeking to recruit individuals with a focus on safety and environment, customer service, continuous process improvement, ethical leadership, and employee/team development.
Apply by May 10, 2019
Hydro in North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer where all phases of employment are based strictly upon the qualifications of the individual as related to the work requirements of the position. This policy is applied without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other category protected by law.