We are currently seeking a Production Manager. The position reports to the Managing Director and is a key member of the Senior management team. The position will be responsible for leading production in the pursuit of continued growth, profitability, and meeting our commitments to customers.
Qualified candidates will have extensive experience in manufacturing, perferably at senior management level with a strong history of success in prioritizing KPI's and creating an engaged workforce.
Area of Responsibility
RESPONSIBILTIES AND AUTHORITIES
- Production Manager is responsible and accountable for all aspects of Production
- To exhibit and live the Hydro Values as part of doing business
- Create and foster a culture of continuous improvement
- Develop and maintain a safe work environment for all employees and manufacturing areas by meeting Hydro and local, state and federal Health, Environmental, Safety and Housekeeping standards - This must be secured by following both internal and external standards, incl. ISO 9001, 14001, and 45001
- Establish and execute short- and long-term goals, Key Performance Indicators (KPI's), strategies and action plans, etc., in line with management decisions and guidelines
- Responsible for upholding and improving documented standards of performance of the manufacturing department in metal treatment and equipment care through implementation of the Hydro Aluminum Metal Business System.
- Responsible to know, understand, and control production costs
- Manages the Production department, consisting of a Supervisors, Operators, Mold Techs
- Manages the Production department strategy to achieve departmental goals, supporting the success of the operation.
- Foster an environment where employees, know the departmental goals, understand their role in meeting them, and contribute their extra effort to exceed those goals.
- Appraise performance, rewarding and disciplining employees
- Address complaints and resolve personnel related and production related issues
- Maintain a communication system within the department to keep employees updated on departmental goals and results.
- Minimum of +5 years of manufacturing experience in an industrial manufacturing environment is required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of work training and experience
- Proven leadership experience, and the capability to understand and prioritize key success factors (margin management, volume throughput, cost control, scrap/metal management, and logistics)
- High energy level and the ability to handle several urgent tasks at once
- Strong computer competence including MS Office.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
Hydro offers competitive salaries, 401K with 100% company match up to 5% of salary, and comprehensive benefit plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Drug Free Workplace
Position requires eligibility to work in the United States
Please apply by September 5, 2019