This role will encompass a broad range of regulatory compliance subjects, including: Import/Export Compliance, Sanctions, Deemed Exports, and all related Import/Export Compliance Governance requirements across Hydro’s Extrusion North America (ENA) footprint. You will interact with Legal, Tax, R&D, OPEX, Operations, Procurement, Supply Chain, and other internal businesses and external stakeholders to drive ENA Import/Export compliance. The position will report directly to the Director Business Systems & ERP.
Areas of responsibility/Role in Extruded Solution
- Formulating and communicating a strategic vision for compliance and leading strategic projects and initiatives relating to the compliance function
- Partner with senior leadership (e.g., business, legal, regulatory, IT, internal audit) to identify trade compliance risks in existing or changing operational areas
- Provide guidance to operational leadership in developing policies, operational procedures and practices that are compliant with the relevant laws, regulations and Company corporate Trade Compliance policies and procedures
- Provide senior leadership and the Trade Compliance Council with regular reports on the results of Trade Compliance program activities to facilitate assessment of the effectiveness of the activities
- Oversee and guide the Trade Compliance risk assessment process, including the development of action plans based on risk assessment results
- Oversee and guide the process for identifying new, revised and proposed trade compliance related laws, regulations and standards (collectively, regulatory requirements) relevant to the Company’s global business and facilitating cross-functional evaluation of business and compliance impact to address new and revised regulatory requirements
- Oversee the development, implementation and maintenance of corporate Trade Compliance policies and procedures that address applicable import regulations and export regulations (including economic and trade sanctions), as well as the use of third parties that act on the Company’s behalf for relevant import and export activities
- Lead the development and execution of training on corporate Trade Compliance policies and procedures
- Accountable for tracking, triaging and trending all reports of potential non-compliance related to Trade Compliance matters
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in Trade Compliance
- Experience in international trade compliance (import and export) management, including management experience across multiple jurisdictions
- Experience leading, motivating and developing a strong team of professionals
- Bachelor’s degree in business
- Licensed Customs Broker
- Superior oral and written communication/presentation skills
- Subject matter expertise including US export administration regulations (EAR), US International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), US Foreign Trade Regulations, US Customs and Border Patrol Regulations, US Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), US Anti-boycott Regulations, Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) Classifications and Valuation Agreement, Country of Origin/Marking & Labeling Requirements, Duty Preference Programs, Federal Sentencing Guidelines, and US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- Fluency in English is mandatory.
- Demonstrated ability to work in and through teams, with all levels of the workforce.
- Proficient with programs and databases such as Excel Word, Microsoft X, SAP, Oracle and Quality Management Systems
- We can offer the right candidate challenging work, a competitive salary and a high degree of responsibility in a market leading and viable company that values diversity, respect and a friendly work environment. The Trade Compliance team consists of highly skilled employees who are working to set high standards of excellence in transportation and logistics.
Hydro in North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer where all phases of employment are based strictly upon the qualifications of the individual as related to the work requirements of the position. This policy is applied without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other category protected by law.