GBS is an organizational area of Hydro that operates as an internal service provider for the Hydro group. Its ultimate purpose is to deliver relevant IT, Financial and HR business services to all business areas within the company.
Area of Responsibility
The Solution Architect role is responsible for ensuring that core SAP configuration and associated developments are designed and built according to business, SAP and 3rd party solution best practice. Each Solution Architect role is responsible for a primary business process e.g, Manufacturing and where possible a knowledge of cross functional processes.
The Solution Architect role is responsible for:
- Supporting the SAP OTC Solution Manager to ensure the Global template integrity is maintained i.e. that the Global Template is not compromised as a result of the introduction of new configuration and/or developments which are not congruent with the core design and agreed ERP design principles and that where possible standard SAP/ 3rd party solutions are used to protect upgrade paths and minimise code re-development
- Formerly analysing and documenting business requirements to an agreed format and standard on finance and controlling area.
- Providing evidence based recommendations to the Solution team for Request for changes on an agreed basis in accordance with agreed ERP design principles
- Review and approve Functional Design Documents for proof of concept and/or specific SAP / 3rd party software solutions based on agreed request for change
- Reviewing and supporting testing developer code for developments in conjunction with developers
- Liaising and resolving faults identified with the Data Migration / Integration and Testing teams in support of testing cycles
- Working closely with equivalent Technical Architect role to jointly design and agree SAP and / or 3rd party software solutions
- College or University (IT /Business Degree or Equivalent), MBA or equivalent
- Strong spoken and written English
- Willingness to travel
- 5+ years working with SAP or variant in a hands-on project environment
- Experience in enterprise-level SAP projects throughout the whole life cycle with repeated and demonstrable success
- Expert level understanding of the SAP product suite
- Extensive experience with SAP configuration, including workflows, validation rules, and security controls
- Experience defining business requirements, writing functional design documentation
- Experience in documenting current state business processes and wireframing system designs using process flow diagram tools, UML, sequence diagrams as well as making recommendations for future state improved processes and system designs in accordance with the agreed ERP Design principles
- Expert level experience defining the system architecture landscape, identifying gaps between current and desired end-states, and delivering a comprehensive solution that will enable achievement of the desired business outcomes
- Experience in designing SAP software components
- Experience integrating SAP with different business systems, as well as working with integration tools
- Expert level understanding of environment management, release management, code versioning best practices, and deployment methodologies
- Full lifecycle ERP experience in an ERP manufacturing environment with specific understanding of finance and controlling processes and operations
- Expert in depth understanding of business functions of SAP Vendor Invoice Management (VIM) system. (Scanning, text recognition, workflows, etc.) and Accounts Payable
- Specific knowledge at least one of the following sub-modules of SAP FI,
- General Ledger
- Accounts Receivables
- Banking, Payments
- Overhead cost controlling, (CCA, Internal Order Accounting)
Only applications received through our online system will be considered, not via e-mail.