GBS is an organizational area of Hydro that operates as an internal service provider for the Hydro group. Its ultimate purpose is to deliver relevant IT, Financial and HR business services to all business areas within the company.
Area of Responsibility
The Subject Matter Expert (SME) is the solution expert of one or more functional area/module in SAP. SME is responsible for defining business requirements and recommending a technical approach to meet those needs.
The SME oversees the development, configuration, testing, training, and implementation of the technical solution and validates that the final product satisfies the defined requirements. He maintains the following technical and project documentation:
- Creation of the Functional Design Documentation (FDD) including detailed solution design
- Creation and Maintenance of Test Scripts for Hydro’s SAP templates
- Creation and continuous maintenance of test scripts of standard template solutions, creation of additional roll-out test scripts as per approved delta processes, and approved change requests
- Creation and Maintenance of Training Material for Hydro’s SAP templates
- Creation and continuous maintenance of training material of standard template solutions, creation of additional roll-out training material as per approved delta processes, and approved change requests
Within the Operational Support process SME is considered as 3rd level support.
SME act as liaison with the live businesses to:
- Proactively engage with solution proposals
- Keep up networking within the respective functional area/module
- Ensure leveraging best practices
SME tightly collaborates with the Global Solution Architects to:
- ensure global template consistency
- solution fits across business areas
SMEs supports multiple projects and BAU activities, so they are not dedicated resources for a single project. He/she reviews and supports testing of the developer code for developments in conjunction with developers and liaises and resolves faults identified with the Data Migration, Integration, and Testing teams in support of testing cycles.
- College or University (IT /Business Degree or Equivalent)
- Strong spoken and written English
- Willingness to travel
- Five years plus working with SAP or variant in a hands-on project environment
- Experience in enterprise-level SAP projects using waterfall methodology throughout the whole life cycle with repeated and demonstrable success
- Expert level understanding of the SAP product suite
- Extensive experience with SAP configuration, including workflows, validation rules, and security controls
- Experience defining business requirements, writing functional design documentation
- Expert level experience of SAP modules and underlying architecture, design
- Experience in designing SAP software components
- Experience integrating SAP with different business systems, as well as working with integration tools
- Expert level understanding of environment management, release management, code versioning best practices, and deployment methodologies
- Expert in depth understanding of business functions and SAP specific knowledge of SD/LE modules
Only applications received through our online system will be considered, not via e-mail.