GBS is an organizational area of Hydro that operates as an internal service provider for the Hydro group. Its ultimate purpose is to deliver relevant IT, Financial and HR business services to all business areas within the company.
The Subject Matter Expert (SME) is the solution expert of Controlling (CO) or Sales & Distribution (SD) and Logistics Execution (LE) or Materials Management module in SAP.
SME is responsible for defining business requirements and recommending a technical approach to meet those needs.
Area of Responsibility
The SME oversees the development,configuration, testing, training, and implementation of the technical solutionand validates that the final product satisfies the defined requirements.
SME maintains the following technical andproject documentation:
· Creation of the Functional DesignDocumentation (FDD) including
o Detailedsolution design
· Creation and Maintenance of Test Scriptsfor Hydro’s SAP templates
o Creationand continuous maintenance of test scripts of standard template solutions,creation of additional roll-out test scripts as per approved delta processes,and approved change requests
· Creation and Maintenance of TrainingMaterial for Hydro’s SAP templates
o Creationand continuous maintenance of training material of standard template solutions,creation of additional roll-out training material as per approved deltaprocesses, and approved change requests
Within the Operational Support processSME is considered as 3rd level support.
SME act as liaison with the livebusinesses to:
· Proactively engage with solutionproposals
· Keep up networking within the respectivefunctional area/module
· Ensure leveraging best practices
SME tightly collaborates with the GlobalSolution Architects to:
· ensure global template consistency
· solution fits across business areas
SMEssupports multiple projects and BAU activities, so they are not dedicatedresources for a single project.
SME reviews and supports testing of thedeveloper code for developments in conjunction with developers and liaises and resolves faults identified withthe Data Migration, Integration, and Testing teams in support of testing cycles.
- College or University (IT /Business Degree or Equivalent)
- Expert in depth understanding of business functions and SAP. Specific knowledge of Controlling (CO) or Sales & Distribution (SD) and Logistics Execution (LE) or Materials Management modules in SAP.
- 5 years plus working with SAP or variant in a hands-on project environment:
o Experience in enterprise-level SAP projects using waterfall methodology throughout the whole life cycle with repeated and demonstrable success
o Expert level understanding of the SAP product suite
o Extensive experience with SAP configuration, including workflows, validation rules, and security controls
o Experience defining business requirements, writing functional design documentation
o Expert level experience of SAP modules and underlying architecture, design
o Experience in designing SAP software components
o Experience integrating SAP with different business systems, as well as working with integration tools
o Expert level understanding of environment management, release management, code versioning best practices, and deployment methodologies
- Full lifecycle ERP experience in an SAP manufacturing environment with specific understanding of manufacturing, supply chain, shop floor, commercial and finance processes and operations
- Strong spoken and written English
- SAP implementation experience in multinational environment
- Change Management experience as part of ERP implementation at a location.
- Formal consulting skills
- Willing to travel within Europe (50%)
Position reports to Manager, FI or OTC Solution & Delivery
Role can be filled remotly but requires travelling to project sites within Europe.