The IT Supervisor, besides his/her daily technical tasks he/she is responsible for the overall health & smooth running of computer systems’ infrastructure and locally maintained & supported business applications at Hydro location(s) with the purpose to ensure Business users gain maximum benefits from those systems. This goal shall be achieved by full adherence to Hydro Global IT Architecture Standards & Global and local Operational processes, as well as by maximizing the leverage of Central IT operational services and tools.
Keeps contact with the local business management as a customer relation by representing GBS IT towards the business locations. As such shall in any IT related decision making he/she promotes Global IT standards and in general standardization of IT tools to the Business.
Area of Responsibility
- Coordinating the work of the IT Analyst(s) at the in-scope location(s) in the related country,
- Setting targets to his/her direct reports and measuring performance against them.
For systems that are either location specific or centrally managed & shared:
- Acting as Location representative of Hydro GBS IT professionals towards location Business Customers for any such computer systems,
- Monitoring and maintaining location specific computer systems, networks and Applications with compliance of Central and Local IT Operational processes,
- Taking active part in incident resolution flow through a series of actions,
- Working with global support teams to resolve both IT infrastructure and Application related issues,
- Taking part in IT systems change management flow,
- Troubleshooting IT Infrastructure incidents and Application errors, diagnosing and solving hardware/software faults,
- Maintaining location specific IT documentations; keeping SW licenses and HW inventory up to date,
- Providing IT infrastructure support for and taking part in the roll-out of new Applications,
- Maintaining the location specific part of the Active Directory.
- College or University Degree,
- IT Technician qualification is a must, IT engineer or equivalent is preferred,
- Minimum 5 years work experience on the field of IT Infrastructure,
- Detailed understanding of Microsoft Client & Server Technology as well as the Applications in scope of the incumbent responsibilities is a minimum; Additional IT Infrastructure & Application disciplines are preferred (i.e Networking; Database management, etc.),
- Experience and capability to coordinate staff on multiple locations,
- Experience in basic Vendor management processes is preferred,
- ITIL foundation (is advantage),
- PRINCE2 knowledge/certification (is advantage),
- Fluency in Dutch and English (written and spoken).