Hydro is a fully integrated aluminum company with 35,000 employees in 40 countries on all continents, combining local expertise, worldwide reach and unmatched capabilities in R&D. In addition to production of primary aluminum, rolled and extruded products and recycling, Hydro also extracts bauxite, refines alumina and generates energy to be the only 360° company of the global aluminum industry. Hydro is present within all market segments for aluminum, with sales and trading activities throughout the value chain serving more than 30,000 customers.
Hydro Extrusion North America is seeking an Analyst to support the North American trade operations compliance team. This role will report directly to the Manager, Trade Compliance.
- Provide guidance to various departments on international logistics and trade compliance, including Sales, and Purchasing
- Ensure company importations are compliant with CBP import regulations such as HTS (Harmonized Tariff Schedule) classification, valuation, country of origin, assists, recordkeeping, ADD/CVD, special trade programs and other participating government agency requirements
- Prepare and oversee free trade agreement certificates
- Oversee and optimize international logistics shipments (import and export) throughout North America.
- Perform pre-entry reviews and post-entry audits for import shipments
- Maintain operational and financial KPls
- Manage import HTS database and export Schedule B database
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in international trade/transportation/compliance related role
- General knowledge of purchasing procedures.
- Familiarity with Incoterms
- Bachelor’s degree in International Business, Transportation related field or relative experience in International Trade required
- International business and product movement preferred.
- Certified Customs Broker preferred
- CBP Import/Export Compliance Law knowledge preferred
- Experience in International Purchasing preferred
- First-hand knowledge and working experience of international logistics management of tax, trade, and import/export
- Planning, organization, execution skills
- Ability to write, speak, and present effectively and persuasively at all levels
- Highly motivated, self-starting, results oriented
- Team Player
- Adaptable to change