Hydro is a fully integrated aluminum company with 35,000 employees in 40 countries on all continents, combining local expertise, worldwide reach and unmatched capabilities in R&D. In addition to production of primary aluminum, rolled and extruded products and recycling, Hydro also extracts bauxite, refines alumina and generates energy to be the only 360° company of the global aluminum industry. Hydro is present within all market segments for aluminum, with sales and trading activities throughout the value chain serving more than 30,000 customers.
Hydro Extrusions USA – Gainesville, Ga. is hiring a self-motivated New Business/Commercial B&C Project Manager with experience dealing with large scale custom projects. As a key member of Hydro North America’s project management team, this Project Manager will actively participate in the full life cycle of Commercial B & C projects. The PM will work in tandem with clients, vendors, and contractors to ensure incorporation of all information into project requirements scope and budget. He or she will coordinate with all internal departments to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible. This position reports directly to Danny Colaris, Plant Manager.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Work with account managers to win and launch new customers and products.
- Attend on-site visits, field reviews and project meetings.
- Material / Project Quoting – Congruent with SE Region Quote Processing, Pricing and Capability Guidelines. (SharePoint).
- Obtain quotes and coordinate initial PO’s to subcontract outsource vendors, i.e.: Painter, Anodizer, Fabricator, etc.
- Customer Purchase Order Processing including: Part Setup, Pricing, Order Entry, Order Acknowledgement; all within AS400-ISOM /Oracle Business Systems.
- Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs, clarify specific requirements and SE min. adders for each project.
- Contract Review- Project Specs- Initial review and assessment.
Obtain metal contract agreements for large projects.
Blocked Reserve and Current Lead Time Adherence and Communication.
Communicates / Coordinates customer requirements with Customer Service Team, Commercial B&C process team, Planning and Plant Manufacturing Teams at the local and other Hydro producing plants.
Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members to meet charter expectations.
Initiate plant kick off meeting at project launch.
Works closely with the Commercial B&C process team to ensure that the APQP and PFMA are completed before the first die arrives.
- Identify project issues & risks; develop and manage mitigating strategies prior to project launch.
- Host project calls with clients, account managers and others as needed to ensure an open line of communication, review expectations, results, progress and open issues.
- Prepares meeting minutes of coordination meetings between clients, contractors, and vendors.
- Complaint Reporting and Resolution- Compliant Pro and/or other plant specific NCR reporting and represent project during defined quality assurance reviews.
- Lead team meetings to help resolve project/quality issues, audit adherence to preventative actions.
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short, mid and long-term goals.
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis.
- At project completion meet with Commercial B&C Steering Committee to review budgetary objectives, actual results, KPI indicators and lesions learned to utilize to improve future projects.
- Follow company and Government processes and procedures as required.
Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in project management and/or customer service experience, ideally in the Commercial B&C markets.
Extrusion / Manufacturing Customer Service experience desirable.
Commercial design and curtain wall project management experience highly preferred.
High School or Equivalent; higher education preferred
Ability to communicate effectively, with fluency in English is mandatory; any other languages a plus; Good verbal and written communications skills
Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others.
Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
Ability to work effectively with all levels in an organization.
Excellent active listening skills.
Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations.
Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere.
Well organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics.
Problem solving and root cause identification skills.
Ability to direct and coordinate multiple project teams and achieve on-time delivery of project assignments.
Ability to provide clear and concise proposals, reports and presentations suitable for executive level clients.
Financial and/or analytical background, skills or training.
Ability to work in a fast pace and constantly evolving environment.
Familiarity with AS-400, SAP and/or Oracle, SharePoint, Complaint Pro, Gantt charts, Microsoft Project software, time management tools, CAD or blueprint reading and advanced Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint skill set.
PMP Certification (desired but not required), knowledge of aluminum extrusion, finishing and packaging processes is a plus.
Additional PM discipline certifications desired (e.g. Lean, Six Sigma).
Knowledge of die designs, correction technique’s, AAMA and AA standards is another plus.