Hydro is a fully integrated aluminum company with 35,000 employees in 40 countries on all continents, combining local expertise, worldwide reach and unmatched capabilities in R&D. In addition to production of primary aluminum, rolled and extruded products and recycling, Hydro also extracts bauxite, refines alumina and generates energy to be the only 360° company of the global aluminum industry. Hydro is present within all market segments for aluminum, with sales and trading activities throughout the value chain serving more than 30,000 customers.
The Specialist-Business Intelligence & Analytics will leverage data and analytical tools to generate actionable insights, help identify strategic and tactical opportunities, and drive actions that optimize operational performance.
- Develops and implements reporting tools and performance management systems that generate actionable insights
- Drive cross-divisional accountability, and improve performance oversight
- Develops, implements and refines forecasting engines, inputs and methodologies in collaboration with internal and external subject matter experts
- Performs analysis for competitive benchmarking, business case development, and strategy recommendations in coordination with broader teams, partners, and vendors
Practices safety conscious behaviors in all processes and procedures
- Bachelors’ Degree preferred
- 2+ years in a manufacturing environment; previous experience in the aluminum extrusion industry preferred.
- Must have advanced expertise in Microsoft Office, SQL, ERP and other reporting/analytical tools
- Attention to detail, with a zero-error mentality is a must.
- Must be able to quickly extract/analyze data, summarize results/conclusions and effectively present findings
- Should be familiar with operational finance concepts, predictive analytics, and process optimization
- Must be able to resolve problems by balancing relevant factors and grasp mathematical concepts
- Must have strong relationship and project management skills
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills