Hydro is a worldwide leader in rolled aluminium products, annually supplying around 1 million metric tons of rolled products, created by a workforce of 4,600 in Europe, Asia and North America. Building on more than 100 years of experience in rolling and converting, our success relies on a strong network of European rolling mills in Germany and Norway.
Rolled Products has high ambitions within Sustainability on the Environment area with a setup of key elements in realizing these ambitions. We are now offering an exciting opportunity to join our plant at Holmestrand to be a driving force to reach our targets on this field and support line management in driving strong environment performance
Area of Responsibility
The role entails a lot of interaction with departments in Rolled Products
Main responsibilities and tasks are:
- Work with legacy management and ensure compliance of environmental topics, such as emissions to air, water and ground
- Work together with production/ operations to drive activities and promotion of the sustainability aspect of operation. This is related to initiatives and projects, ranging from energy saving, CO2 reduction to optimization of production methods
- Have a leading role in audits and environmental reviews, to ensure compliance with regulations and steering documents
- Work together with finance department on CO2 system, strategy, quota and follow up
- Work together with sales organisation to drive and promote sustainability initiatives with regards to product development and certification
- Provide quality assurance of production site environmental incident and data reporting, to identify and govern key risks
- Stay up to date on key environmental trends and legislation's
- Master’s degree in environmental fields or other relevant engineering areas
- Minimum 5 years’ working experience within environmental issues, preferably from industry or research/public institutions
- Insight in national environmental laws and regulations - good knowledge of Norwegian environmental issues and legislation for quality assurance and expert input is an advantage
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to make an impact in a professional setting, through efficient communication and consensus building
- Proficiency in Norwegian and English, verbal and written
As a person, we believe you have a structured and reflected approach towards your deliveries, allowing you to prioritize well and efficiently manage a variety of actions. You successfully collect and analyze detailed facts to build the bigger picture and are proactive and hands-on towards solving problems. You can work independently but thrive when you collaborate with people around you.
As our Sustainability & Environmental Manager, you will report to Head of HSE.
Health, safety, security, and environment (HSE) are an integrated part of Hydro’s daily activities. Our responsibility is to protect the health and safety of our employees and to contribute to the sustainable development of the communities in which we operate. We thus look for employees who will contribute positively to this by their commitment to HSE, their attitude and related actions.
Please enclose all relevant transcripts with your application (academic records/diplomas, certificates etc.). Only applications received through our online system will be considered, not via e-mail.
As part of our recruitment process, we use Semac for background check.