Young engineer Lutz Kaufmann will have quite the day at work on May 4. He is in charge of giving Chancellor Angela Merkel and Prime Minister Erna Solberg a tour of our new automotive line. Here is how he plans to do it.
On May 4, Hydro is opening a new, state-of-the-art production line in Grevenbroich, Germany, for aluminium parts to the automotive industry that will help lightweight millions of new cars every year
- Annual capacity: 150,000 tonnes
- Investment cost: EUR 130 million
- Customer examples: Mercedes-Benz, Audi, BMW, Peugeot, Citroën
- Facility: 190 meters long, run by 55 operators on five shifts
- Efficiency: Facility consumes 36 % less energy than similar production lines