Aluminium battery cables
Our flat, round, and oval battery cables in aluminium will substantially reduce the amount of wired weight in your electric, hybrid, and fossil fuel-powered vehicles.
Hydro battery cables are extruded solid aluminium rods that offer significant advantages in material, weight, and cost for your car’s electrical system.
As a standard, the cables are HYCOT® coated with either polyamide (PA) or polyethylene (PE/XPE) coatings and can be delivered in round, flat or oval shapes.
Aluminium battery cables for all types of passenger vehicles
Our aluminium battery cables can be applied in electric, hybrid and fossil fuel cars.
Some vehicle designs today, especially for hybrid models, place the battery away from the engine. This fosters and increases the weight and cost-saving potential that aluminium cables provide.
Key features and facts
- Lightweight: 1/3 of weight when compared to copper
- Saving: cost savings due to raw material selection and weight savings
- Coating: protection, insulation and differentiated design possibilities with PA, PE and XP coatings
- Printing: key information can be printed over the product as traceability and customer specification
- Product specification: cables are offered in coils or cut to length
- Processability: aluminium alloys allow specifically designed mechanical properties
Why choose aluminium for cars and vehicles?
Excellent energy absorption is one of the properties that carmakers, and insurance companies, value in Hydro’s range of aluminium specifically designed for cars and the automotive industry. Aluminium from Hydro can make your vehicles safer.
Using aluminium for a car’s structure can lessen weight by as much as 30% compared to steel. As aluminium is fully recyclable, a large percentage of the car of the future could be made from 100% recycled aluminium, a truly sustainable vehicle.
Hydro designs and manufactures aluminium components for all passenger cars and commercial vehicles.
Components and systems include aluminium interiors and components, aluminium exterior panels and surfaces, aluminium body in white and chassis, aluminium powertrain solutions, aluminium thermal management systems and aluminium components and chassis for electric vehicles.