Tobacco products are consumed widely throughout the world. Like other sensitive goods, they require packaging which brings them to the customer in optimum condition. Hydro is one of the world’s leading producers of cigarette foil.
- It retains the characteristic aroma peculiar to each blend and brand, and also gives the packaging a distinctive appearance and quality appeal.
- An aluminium foil/paper laminate provides certain characteristics, such as dead fold and emboss ability, which other bundling materials cannot offer.
- Tobacco benefits from aluminium foil’s unequalled barrier properties in the same way as other sensitive natural products.
- The foil maintains an effective barrier against moisture and protects the tobacco from deterioration, aroma transmission and bacteria by sustaining a micro-climate in the package.
- With its non-returning dead-fold characteristic, aluminium can be formed to the desired shape with no “spring back” and provides the web strength and dependability essential to high-speed packing lines, where downtime is costly.
- We supply up to 6 micron thin foil, rolled and laminated in widths of maximum 2000 mm.
- A new slitter of 2000 mm width, enable us to meet all customer requirements.
- The focus at our rolling, laminating and cutting facility is to guarantee economical, competitive and secured production.
Our standard laminate specifications:
|Alloys||1200 N and/or 8079 L|
|Gauges||down to 6 micron|
|Adhesive||glue up to 0.8 g/sqm|
|Coating/lacquers||slipped in plain or colored|
|Papers||up to 20 g/sqm according|
|Capacity||200 million sqm|
- Cigarette packaging