Aluminium, when used in combination with other materials, is ideal for making cans. Every year, more than 700 million cans are sealed using foil from Hydro.
- Impermeable to oxygen and light.
- Quality of the contents remains unimpaired, ensuring a long shelf-life.
- Cans are easily opened by means of scored or tear-off systems.
- Physiologically harmless – meets all valid food law requirements.
- Our strip for tagger lids offers many favorable properties: It can be hermetically closed, it facilitates easy opening and guarantees the product a long shelf-life.
- We supply pure aluminium strip, either with a clear, protective lacquer coating or with a heat-seal lacquer coating, in thicknesses from 0.060 to 0.120 mm.
- Hydro produces aluminium strip lacquered with a protective coating on both sides for “Penny Lever Closures” or coated with a heat-sealing lacquer on one side for “Peel-off“ applications.
- Lids of this “Peel-off” quality can be opened very easily by means of the pre-formed easy open ring or tear-off tab. The lid detaches completely from the can.
- Packaging of powdered foodstuffs (milk, coffee, granulated beverages).
- Dry products (tobacco, mixed spices).