Our commitment to accessibility begins with this site and our efforts to ensure that all functionality and all content is accessible to all users.
We refer to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0) set by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) and Webaim for guidance WCAG 2.0 AA.
In the long term, our goal is that all Hydro web sites meet the AA conformance level. For now, we are focusing on meeting the single-A conformance level. We are not there yet, but we are constantly working on improvements.
We are aware of the types of adaptive technology used by people with disabilities and we are working toward ensuring compatibility with as many of these systems as possible.
- Provide alternative text to all images containing content not conveyed in text
- Provide text transcripts to all videos and podcasts
- Improve semantic markup and ensure that the headings are used in a logical order
- Improve the coding of forms and the accessibility of tables
- Create skip links and short cuts to most-used content
- Create captions for all videos
- Create context-sensitive help in our forms
- Improve the scalability of the site, ensuring the page is readable and functional when the text size is doubled
We welcome all comments on how to improve the site’s accessibility for all users.
Actualizado: febrero 21, 2023