The CRG members belong to community groups, represent Council, or simply live nearby. The main criteria for membership was that the members are available to attend meetings, have capacity to disseminate information from the meetings back into the community, and can bring questions or suggestions to the meetings so that the project team understands the values and aspirations of the community for the future of the site.
The group operates under a terms of reference. These terms were developed at the first meeting with the members and describe what the meetings are for, how they will run, and the rights and obligations of members.
CRG members are:
- Mr Richard Brown – Managing Director, Hydro Kurri Kurri
- Mr Kerry McNaughton – Environmental Officer, Hydro Kurri Kurri
- Clr Robert Aitchison – Maitland City Council
- Cr Darrin Gray – Cessnock City Council
- Mr Mark Roser – Senior Strategic Planner, Maitland City Council
- Mr Gareth Curtis – Director Planning and Environment, Cessnock City Council
- Mr Martin Johnson – Strategic Land Use Planning Manager, Cessnock City Council
- Mr Rod Doherty –Kurri Kurri Business Chamber
- Ms Debra Ford – Community representative
- Mr Alan Gray – Community representative
- Mr Brad Wood – Community representative
- Mr Andrew Walker – Hydro Kurri Kurri
- Mr Bill Metcalfe – Community representative
- Mr Toby Thomas – Community representative
- Mrs Kerry Hallett – Hunter Business Enterprise Centre
- Ms Tara Dever – CEO Mindaribba Local Aboriginal Land Council
CRG members are encouraged to provide information about the project to interested community members.