General Meeting May 6, 2021
- Notice of Annual General Meeting
- Appendix 1: Financial Statements and Board of Directors’ Report 2020 and the auditor’s report for the financial year 2020
- Appendix 2: Form for voting and proxy
- Appendix 3: Board of Directors’ policy and remuneration for executive management
- Appendix 4: The recommendation from the Nomination Committee
- Appendix 5: Guide for online shareholders’ meeting
- Minutes from the Annual General Meeting 2021
- Norsk Hydro ASA - Remuneration Policy for executive management (adopted by the Annual General Meeting 6 May 2021)
Information on Annual General Meeting
As a result of the Covid-19 situation, this year's Annual General Meeting will be held as a digital meeting with electronic voting. See separate guide to online participation (Appendix 5).
The Annual General Meeting is the company's highest decision-making body. All shareholders have the right to propose items for the agenda and to vote at the Annual General Meeting.
In accordance with Temporary Act of May 26, 2020 no. 54 on exemptions from requirements for physical meetings etc. in corporate law to remedy the impact of the covid-19 pandemic, section 2-3, public limited companies are now allowed to conduct annual general meetings as a digital meeting. As a precautionary measure to prevent the spread of covid-19, the Board of Directors has decided that the Annual General Meeting shall be held as a digital meeting. All shareholders are invited to participate online. Further details regarding participation are provided in the attached guide (Appendix 5). No physical attendance will be possible this year due to the Covid-19 situation.
Shareholders who wish to attend the Annual General Meeting can log in without prior registration. Shareholders also have the opportunity to vote in advance or give authorization to a proxy before the meeting, in accordance with previous practice, and as described in the meeting notice.
Pursuant to section 9, fourth paragraph of the company's Articles of Association, a shareholder has the right to participate and vote based on the number of shares registered in the shareholder's name in the Norwegian Central Securities Depository (VPS) on the fifth working day before the Annual General Meeting. Owners of trustee-registered shares wishing to exercise their rights at the Annual General Meeting must register directly in the shareholder register in VPS by the fifth working day before the Annual General Meeting.
Information on proxies and advance voting is provided in the meeting notice.
The Annual General Meeting is held on May 6. The meeting notice is sent to all shareholders individually or to the shareholders' custodian banks.
The Annual General Meeting elects the shareholders' representatives to the Corporate Assembly and approves the annual financial statements and the board's proposal to distribute a dividend. According to Norwegian legislation, the Annual General Meeting must appoint an auditor based on a proposal from the Corporate Assembly and approve the auditor fees.
The notice and meeting documents for the Annual General Meeting can be downloaded from this website. Shareholders can request that the documents be sent by mail by writing to the following address:
Norsk Hydro ASA
For the attention of Investor Relations
Inquiries can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The shareholders have the following rights in connection with an annual general meeting:
- Right to attend the Annual General meeting, either in person or by proxy
- Right to vote in the Annual General Meeting
- Right to let an advisor participate in the Annual General Meeting
- Right to submit questions prior to the Annual General Meeting
- Right to submit questions, input and comments, including alternative proposals in connection with the agenda items, in writing to the Chair during the Annual General Meeting or to convey these rights to an adviser
- Right to request information from the members of the Board of Directors and the Corporate Assembly and the President and CEO as set out in section 5–15 of the Public Limited Liability Companies Act. Request for information should be submitted no later than 10 days prior to the Annual General Meeting
- Right to have matters dealt with by the Annual General Meeting. Questions have to be submitted in writing to the Board of Directors within seven days prior to the deadline for notice of the Annual General Meeting, together with the proposed decision or a reason why the matter should be put on the agenda. The Annual General Meeting cannot in general deal with other matters than those included in the notice
Shareholders who wish to request information from board members, the Corporate Assembly or the CEO or who wish to raise issues at the Annual General Meeting are requested to submit their proposals here.