General Meeting May 11, 2020
- Notice of Annual General Meeting
- Appendix 1: The Financial Statements and Board of Directors’ Report 2019 and the auditor’s report for the financial year 2019
- Appendix 2: Form for voting and proxy
- Appendix 3: Board of Directors’ statement on management remuneration
- Appendix 4: The recommendation from the Nomination Committee
- Appendix 5:The opinion of the Audit Committee regarding the election of auditor
- Appendix 6:Guide for online shareholders meeting
- Minutes from the Annual General Meeting 2020
Information on annual general meetings
As a result of the Covid-19 situation, this year's Annual General Meeting will be conducted online with electronic voting. See separate guide to online participation (Appendix 6).
The Annual General Meeting is the company's highest decision-making body. All shareholders have the right to propose items for the agenda and to vote at the Annual General Meeting.
In accordance with the temporary regulations of 27 March 2020, public limited companies are now allowed to conduct annual general meetings online. As a preventive measure to hinder the spread of Covid-19 and to safeguard the health of our shareholders, employees and other stakeholders, the company has decided to hold the meeting online. All shareholders are invited to participate online. Further details regarding participation are provided in the attached guide (Appendix 6). No physical attendance will be possible this year due to the Covid-19 situation.
Shareholders who wish to attend the Annual General Meeting can log in without prior registration. Shareholders also have the opportunity to vote in advance or give authorization to a proxy before the meeting, in accordance with previous practice, and as described in the meeting notice (separate link).
Pursuant to section 9, fourth paragraph of the company's Articles of Association, a shareholder has the right to participate and vote based on the number of shares registered in the shareholder's name in the Norwegian Central Securities Depository (VPS) on the fifth working day before the Annual General Meeting. Owners of trustee-registered shares wishing to exercise their rights at the Annual General Meeting must register directly in the shareholder register in VPS by the fifth working day before the Annual General Meeting.
Information on proxies and advance voting is provided in the meeting notice (separate link).
The Annual General Meeting is normally held in May. The meeting notice is sent to all shareholders individually or to the shareholders' custodian banks.
The Annual General Meeting elects the shareholders' representatives to the Corporate Assembly and approves the annual financial statements and the board's proposal to distribute a dividend. According to Norwegian legislation, the Annual General Meeting must appoint an auditor based on a proposal from the Corporate Assembly and approve the auditor fees.
The notice and meeting documents for the Annual General Meeting can be downloaded from this website. Shareholders can request that the documents be sent by mail by writing to the following address:
Norsk Hydro ASA
For the attention of Investor Relations
Inquiries can also be emailed to email@example.com
The shareholders have the following rights in connection with an annual general meeting:
- Right to participate and vote in the Annual General meeting
- Right to request information from members of the board, the Corporate Assembly and the Chief Executive Officer as further set out in section 5-15 of the Public Limited Liability Companies Act. Requests for information should be made no later than 10 days before the Annual General Meeting.
- Right to submit alternative proposals in connection with the items to be considered by the Annual General Meeting.
- Right to have matters considered by the Annual General Meeting that the shareholder has submitted in writing to the board within seven days before the deadline for issuing the notice of the Annual General Meeting, together with a proposed resolution or a reason why the matter should be put on the agenda. The Annual General Meeting cannot in general consider matters other than those included in the meeting notice.
Shareholders who wish to request information from board members, the Corporate Assembly or the CEO, who wish to raise issues at the Annual General Meeting or who wish to nominate candidates for the nomination committee, Corporate Assembly or board are requested to submit their proposals here.
Please note that the link also includes the possibility to register to attend in person, but this section will not be used this year as there will be no physical attendance due to the Covid-19 situation. Shareholders who wish to attend the Annual General Meeting can log in without prior registration. However, they must be logged in before the meeting starts.