In relation to the ongoing subscription period in the Hydro rights issue the following additional primary insider transactions have taken place after June 25, 2010.
- Member of the Board of Directors of Norsk Hydro ASA, Sten Roar Martinsen, has on June 29, 2010 subscribed for 699 shares, in line with the number of subscription rights allocated. New holding is 2,998 shares. (June 30, 2010)
- Member of the Board of Directors of Norsk Hydro ASA, Billy Fredagsvik, has on July 1, 2010 subscribed for 453 shares, in line with the number of subscription rights allocated. New holding is 1,942 shares. (July 1, 2010)
- Member of the Board of Directors, Finn Jebsen, has on July 4, 2010 subscribed for 11,000 shares. This represents an oversubscription of 1,096 in relation to the number of subscription rights allocated. New holding is 42,449 shares excluding oversubscription. (July 4, 2010)
- Executive Vice President Hans Joachim Kock has subscribed for 2,500 shares by utilizing 1,521 allocated subscription rights and by placing an order for an additional 979 subscription rights. The order for subscription rights has been placed with a local broker in Germany. New holding is 7,500 shares. (July 4, 2010)
- Reference is made to announcement on July 4, 2010 stating that Executive Vice President Hans Joachim Kock has placed an order for an additional 979 subscription rights with a local broker in Germany. The purchase of these rights has now been concluded at a price of NOK 5.03 per subscription right. (July 6, 2010)
This announcement is not an offer for sale of securities in the United States or any other country. The securities referred to herein have not been registered under the U.S. Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the "U.S. Securities Act"), and may not be sold in the United States absent registration or pursuant to an exemption from registration under the U.S. Securities Act. Hydro does not intend to register any portion of the offering of the securities in the United States or to conduct a public offering of the securities in the United States. Any offering of securities will be made by means of a prospectus that may be obtained from Hydro and that will contain detailed information about the company and management, as well as financial statements. Copies of this announcement are not being made and may not be distributed or sent into the United States, Canada, Australia, Japan or any other jurisdiction in which such distribution would be unlawful or would require registration or other measures.
In any EEA Member State that has implemented Directive 2003/71/EC (together with any applicable implementing measures in any member State, the "Prospectus Directive"), this communication is only addressed to and is only directed at qualified investors in that Member State within the meaning of the Prospectus Directive.
This announcement is only directed at (a) persons who are outside the United Kingdom; or (b) investment professionals within the meaning of Article 19 of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (Financial Promotion) Order 2005 (the "Order"); or (c) persons falling within Article 49(2)(a) to (d) of the Order; or (d) persons to whom any invitation or inducement to engage in investment activity can be communicated in circumstances where Section 21(1) of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 does not apply.
Certain statements included within this announcement contain forward-looking information, including, without limitation, those relating to (a) forecasts, projections and estimates, (b) statements of management's plans, objectives and strategies for Hydro, such as planned expansions, investments or other projects, (c) targeted production volumes and costs, capacities or rates, start-up costs, cost reductions and profit objectives, (d) various expectations about future developments in Hydro's markets, particularly prices, supply and demand and competition, (e) results of operations, (f) margins, (g) growth rates, (h) risk management, as well as (i) statements preceded by "expected", "scheduled", "targeted", "planned", "proposed", "intended" or similar statements.
Although we believe that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are reasonable, these forward-looking statements are based on a number of assumptions and forecasts that, by their nature, involve risk and uncertainty. Various factors could cause our actual results to differ materially from those projected in a forward-looking statement or affect the extent to which a particular projection is realized. Factors that could cause these differences include, but are not limited to: our continued ability to reposition and restructure our upstream and downstream aluminium business; changes in availability and cost of energy and raw materials; global supply and demand for aluminium and aluminium products; world economic growth, including rates of inflation and industrial production; changes in the relative value of currencies and the value of commodity contracts; trends in Hydro's key markets and competition; and legislative, regulatory and political factors.
No assurance can be given that such expectations will prove to have been correct. Hydro disclaims any obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.